As an incentive to recruit and retain outstanding administrative staff, up to three full-tuition scholarships will be awarded each year to qualified applicants who are non-faculty employees of the University. This will be a competitive program managed by the Office of the Provost.
Key elements of the program include:
- Applicants to the scholarship program must have completed a minimum of two years continuous full-time service to the University at the time of enrollment in the program.
- Recipients will be screened and selected by a three-person committee appointed by the Provost.
Criteria to be considered for scholarship receipt include, but are not limited to:
- Letter of support from direct supervisor explaining how admission to the program will enhance the recipient's current and/or potential job function(s) at Mercer.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Previous undergraduate and graduate transcripts
If a recipient does not remain as a full-time Mercer employee for three years beyond completion of the program, they will be required to reimburse the University on a pro-rated basis. Awardees who remain in a full-time position at the University for three years beyond completion of the program will have satisfied any payback obligations specific to this scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded for three calendar years beyond the initial matriculation date and is contingent on satisfactory academic progress.
This scholarship provides tuition only.
Deadline for applications to the Ph.D. program in Education Leadership will be published in the Educational Leadership section of the Tift College of Education Web site. Program applicants must meet both admission criteria and deadlines to the Ph.D. program to be considered for the scholarship.
Program application must be accompanied by a letter from the candidate describing intent to seek the university scholarship.
For information regarding this scholarship program, please contact Dr. Wayne Glasgow in the Office of the Provost (478) 301-2024 or firstname.lastname@example.org .