Fellowships & Scholarships
The Office of Fellowships and Scholarships assists students applying for nationally and internationally competitive merit scholarship programs that support undergraduate or graduate study, research, or work experiences, here or abroad. Fellowships support students in their efforts to do great work in the world and open doors to mentoring, graduate schools, and careers.
Mercer University encourages students to apply for national fellowships and scholarships. The Office of National Fellowships and Scholarships offers workshops and assists with applications, personal statements, and recommendations.We assist students with a number of awards, including the Goldwater, Marshall, Truman, Gates Cambridge, Udall, NSF, Boren, Gilman, and Rhodes Scholarships. We seek to inform students as early as their freshmen and sophomore years about specific opportunities and to design plans for development. We also collaborate with campus faculty and staff to identify potential student scholars, and provide information and recognition to students through workshops and events.
Information Sessions and Workshops for Fall 2016
- Study Abroad Fellowships, September 14, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 1
- Engineering Fellowships, September 21, 6:00 PM, SEB 144
- Fellowships and Scholarships Information Session, September 28, 6:00 PM, Ryals 206
- Personal Statement Workshop, October 12, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 1
- Peace Corps Information Session, October 18, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 1
- Fellowships and Scholarships Information Session, November 2, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 1
- Science and Math Fellowships, November 9, 6:00 PM, Willett Lecture Hall
To make an appointment for counseling or to place an inquiry, contact David A. Davis, the Director of Fellowships and Scholarships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 301-2358. The Office of Fellowships and Scholarships is located in the Honors House on Ash Street. For updates on workshops and funding opportunities, like us on facebook.