Fellowships & Scholarships
The Office of Fellowships and Scholarships assists students applying for nationally and internationally competitive merit scholarship programs that support undergraduate or graduate study, research, or work experiences, here or abroad. Fellowships support students in their efforts to do great work in the world and open doors to mentoring, graduate schools, and careers.
Mercer University encourages students to apply for national fellowships and scholarships. The Office of National Fellowships and Scholarships offers workshops and assists with applications, personal statements, and recommendations.We assist students with a number of awards, including the Goldwater, Marshall, Truman, Gates Cambridge, Udall, NSF, Boren, Gilman, and Rhodes Scholarships. We seek to inform students as early as their freshmen and sophomore years about specific opportunities and to design plans for development. We also collaborate with campus faculty and staff to identify potential student scholars, and provide information and recognition to students through workshops and events.
Information Sessions and Workshops for Fall 2017
- Study Abroad Scholarships, September 20, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 3
- Fellowship and Scholarships Information Session, September 27, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 3
- Applying to Graduate School, October 18, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 3
- Writing Personal Statements, October 25, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 3
- Fellowships and Scholarships Information Session, November 15, 6:00 PM, Connell Student Center 3
- STEM Fellowships and Scholarships, TBA
To make an appointment for counseling or to place an inquiry, contact David A. Davis, the Director of Fellowships and Scholarships, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 301-2358. The Office of Fellowships and Scholarships is located in the Honors House on Ash Street. For updates on workshops and funding opportunities, like us on facebook.