Fellowships & Scholarships
The Office of Fellowships and Scholarships assists students applying for nationally and internationally competitive merit scholarship programs that support undergraduate or graduate study, research, or work experiences, here or abroad. Fellowships support outstanding students in their efforts to do great work in the world and open doors to mentoring, graduate schools, and careers.
Mercer University encourages outstanding students to apply for national fellowships and scholarships. The Office of National Fellowships and Scholarships offers workshops and assists with applications, personal statements, and recommendations.We assist students with a number of awards, including the Goldwater, Marshall, Truman, Gates Cambridge, Udall, NSF, Boren, Gilman, and Rhodes Scholarships. We seek to inform students as early as their freshmen and sophomore years about specific opportunities and to design plans for development. We also collaborate with campus faculty and staff to identify potential student scholars, and provide information and recognition to students through workshops and events.
Information Sessions and Workshops for Fall 2015
- Study Abroad Fellowships, 10:00 am, Monday, September 21, CSC 3
- General Fellowships and Scholarships, 10:00 am, Monday, September 28, CSC 3
- Peace Corps by Alex Walker, Regional Recruiter, 10:00 am, Wednesday, September 30, CSC 1
- Engineering Fellowships, 10:00, Monday, October 12, SEB 144
- Writing Personal Statements, 10:00, Wednesday, October 14, CSC 2
- Science and Math Fellowships, 10:00, Monday, October 19, Willet 329
- Fulbright Student Program by Jennifer Connor, Institute for International Education, TBA, Tuesday, October 27, Presidents Dining Room
- General Fellowships and Scholarships, 5:30, Tuesday, November 3, CSC 2